The General Training Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Monday, May 06, 20191:30 PM - 3:00 PM
Whether you are new to Food Service Guidelines (FSG), or a seasoned pro, join us as we take a deep dive into strategies for accelerating FSG work in key settings, for example, state/local government agencies, hospitals, parks and recreation facilities, universities, and many others. Experts will outline a policy framework for understanding how best to include food and beverage guidelines in a variety of policy mechanisms. You will also hear from fellow recipients on how they implemented, evaluated, and communicated their impact to key decision makers. Session roundtables will give participants plenty of time to network with others working in a similar stage of FSG work and receive technical assistance from subject matter experts on specific FSG topics, from building partnerships to evaluation.
- Describe how other states and localities have integrated food service guidelines into organizational policy, contractual food service agreements, and/or through other formal legislative processes.
- Describe at least three web-based tools to assist with developing FSG policy, operationalizing FSG in various food service settings, and evaluating FSG’s impact and co-benefits.
- Understand common implementation barriers and identify at least three strategies for remaining financially sustainable during FSG implementation.
- Angela Amico MPH Senior Policy Associate, Mark and Sushma Palmer Public Health Advocacy Fellow, Center for Science in the Public Interest
- Chris Mornick MPH, RDN Nutrition Coordinator, Healthy Eating Active Living Program, Washington State Department of Health
- Cindy Deblauw RD Nutrition and Physical Activity Program Manager, Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
- Julie Ralston Aoki JD Director, Healthy Eating and Active Living, Public Health Law Center
Amy Warnock, MPA, Healthy Food Environment Team, DNPAO, CDC