The General Training Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Monday, May 06, 20191:30 PM - 3:00 PM
Community engagement and partnerships are essential to successful implementation of breastfeeding strategies. Breastfeeding women need community support to meet their personal breastfeeding goals. Experts in community work will share their stories of how effective community engagement and coalition building improve breastfeeding outcomes. Using examples from their work in breastfeeding, this session will focus on building partnerships to advance health equity, strategies to promote community engagement, and establishing and strengthening connections to improve continuity of care in the context of breastfeeding support.
- List factors that contribute to establishing strong community connections.
- Identify strategies that build and strengthen partnerships to advance health equity and integrate these strategies to their work plans.
- Identify strategies to overcome challenges in engaging partners.
- Kinkini Banerjee MS Coalition Relations Director, United States Breastfeeding Committee
- Nikia Fuller-Sankofa MPH, MPA Director, Breastfeeding Project, NACCHO
Diane Ayers, MPH, RD, LD, Public Health Advisor, DNPAO, CDC