The General Training Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Monday, May 06, 20191:30 PM - 3:00 PM
The key to increased use of Activity-Friendly Routes is the presence of an adequate number of Everyday Destinations. The processes of comprehensive community land use planning and, in a more day-to-day sense, the designation of acceptable land uses through zoning and subdivision code will be discussed. The dynamic panel will share both general guidance and best practice along with real world examples.
- Describe the role of planning and zoning to create destinations that people can access via activity-friendly routes.
- Explain the use of tools such as master plans and subdivision codes to improve walkability.
- Identify real world implementation of planning and zoning codes.
- Marta Goldsmith Executive Director, Form-Based Codes Institute, Smart Growth America
- Sagar Shah PhD, AICP Manager, Planning and Community Health Center, American Planning Association
- Jody Holton AICP Executive Director, Montgomery County Planning Commission
- Gretchen Armijo MURP, AICP, LEED AP Built Environment Administrator, Denver Department of Public Health and Environment
Chris Kochtitzky, MSP, Senior Advisor, DNPAO, CDC