The General Training Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Monday, May 06, 20191:30 PM - 3:00 PM
Using systems approaches for healthy communities can effectively promote the integration of policy, systems, and environmental (PSE) interventions with education strategies. Building team capacity on multi-level approaches to public health can have a greater impact on health outcomes as compared to direct education alone. This interactive session will highlight an innovative online training tool designed to strengthen your SPAN, HOP and REACH teams’ capacity in planning and executing PSE initiatives. Examples of how PSE approaches have been integrated into nutrition and physical activity initiatives at state and community levels will be showcased.
- Identify how systems can influence whether making healthy choices is easy or difficult.
- Describe the benefits of building team capacity in systems approaches for healthy communities.
- Describe the importance of integrating both direct education and PSE interventions into initiatives.
- Laura Perdue MPH, RD Extension Educator, Health & Nutrition, University of Minnesota
- Erin Olson MPH Community Health Consultant, Iowa Department of Public Health
Claire Heiser, MS, RD, Team Lead, Program Development and Evaluation Branch, DNPAO, CDC