The General Training Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Monday, May 06, 201911:00 AM - 12:00 PM
The Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans, Community Guide recommendations, Dietary Guidelines for Americans, and the Food Service Guidelines for Federal Facilities are federal guidance that support DNPAO and other Federal program efforts to promote healthy living. This session will feature state and community examples that successfully ‘unlocked’ the guidelines and translated them into action further supporting grant strategies.
- Describe examples of state and community partner efforts to adopt food service guidelines.
- Describe examples of communities that have created activity-friendly routes to everyday destinations.
- Identify keys to success for implementing the food service guidelines and physical activity strategies in the DNPAO funding opportunities.
- Chris Mornick MPH, RDN Nutrition Coordinator, Healthy Eating Active Living Program, Washington State Department of Health
- Daniel French MS Program Manager, New York State Department of Health
Sarah Kuester, MS, RDN, Public Health Advisor, DNPAO, CDC