The General Training Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Tuesday, May 07, 20191:30 PM - 3:00 PM
This session will include an overview of examples from three diverse communities that have attempted to achieve health equity in nutrition and physical activity through policy, system, and environment (PSE) changes with CDC funding. The discussion will focus on setting realistic goals, conducting community assessments, community engagement, coalition building, and successes and lessons learned. Small group discussions about the communities that attendees intend to work with will take place. These discussions will focus on assets and potential difficulties to overcome as it relates to improving health equity via PSE change.
- Describe best practices for including PSE changes to promote health equity in local efforts to prevent obesity.
- Identify how PSE changes can be applied to their local community health equity efforts.
- Conduct rapid assessments of their communities to determine the feasibility of PSE approaches.
- Suzanne Stulka PhD, RDN, LN Food & Families Program Director, South Dakota State University
- Elaine Russell MS, RD, LD Program Director, Kentucky Department for Public Health
- Charlene Addy McGee MA REACH Program Director, Multnomah County Health Department
Carlene Graham, PhD, MSPH, Public Health Advisor, DNPAO, CDC