The General Training Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Tuesday, May 07, 20191:30 PM - 3:00 PM
This mini-workshop will provide participants with an opportunity to reflect on their progress in year one, identify gaps in breastfeeding support in their community and/or state, describe successes and facilitators of success, identify challenges/barriers and approaches to overcome these, and integrate lessons learned from shared learning opportunities at the National Training into Year 2- 5 activities. Participants will work in small groups facilitated by CDC and partners to explore, problem solve, and refine their work plans.
- Determine whether their work plans address gaps in breastfeeding support in their community and/or state, and revise the work plans as needed to address these.
- Describe successes in implementing breastfeeding support activities through their work plans and identify factors that facilitated success.
- Identify challenges and apply learning to integrate strategies to overcome challenges in implementing breastfeeding support activities in their work plan.
- Kinkini Banerjee MA Coalition Relations Director, United States Breastfeeding Committee
- Ify J. Mordi MPH, PMP Director, Maternal and Infant Health Improvement, Association of State and Territorial Health Officials
- Nikia Fuller-Sankofa MPH, MPA Director, Breastfeeding Project, NACCHO
- Catherine Sullivan MPH, RD, LDN, IBCLC, FAND Director, Assistant Professor, Carolina Global Breastfeeding Institute
Sahra Kahin, MA, MPH, Health Scientist/Evaluator, DNPAO, CDC and Erica Anstey, PhD, Program Coordinator, McKing Consulting, DNPAO, CDC