The General Training Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Tuesday, May 07, 20191:30 PM - 3:00 PM
Communication is one of six key components for effective public health programs. Come hear examples and lessons learned of using earned media, paid/in-kind media, and social/digital media to support state and local public health programs. In addition, speakers and participants will discuss and share in an interactive format.
- List communication channels and types.
- Describe earned media, paid/in-kind media, and social/digital media.
- Discuss how one program used communication to support a state or local program.
- Ann Potempa MPH Public Health Communications Specialist, Alaska Department of Health and Human Services
- McGee Meredith Senior Project Manager, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Katie Funderburk MS, RD SNAP-Ed Nutrition and Evaluation Coordinator, Auburn University
- Natalie Hampton MPH Interim Director, University of Missouri, Health Communication Research Center
Lisa Tensuan, BSN, RN, Associate Director, FHI 360