The General Training Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Tuesday, May 07, 201911:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Effective interventions require an investment in relationships, whether that is engaging with a community, forming a network, or building a coalition. This interactive session will highlight new tools for system-based approaches for community-based prevention and case studies of effective coalitions and networks that support health equity, active living, and healthy eating.
- Describe the value of utilizing systems thinking in SPAN, HOP and REACH efforts.
- Articulate examples of cross-sector collaboration to improve the food system.
- Practice applying a tool for creating more effective and meaningful collaboration.
- Anne Palmer MA Program Director, Johns Hopkins, Center for a Livable Future
- Leslie Mikkelsen MPH, RD Managing Director, Prevention Institute
Kim Lane, PhD, RDN, Health Education Specialist, DNPAO, CDC