The General Training Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Tuesday, May 07, 201911:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Enhancing food access has unique challenges in rural and tribal communities. This session will provide a facilitated discussion of challenges and opportunities in rural and tribal settings, with a focus on addressing transportation options to get food to people and people to food. Recipients are invited to bring their questions and learn from their peers and participating subject matter experts.
- Understand more comprehensively the barriers and facilitators to increase access to healthy foods in rural and tribal communities.
- Explore how to build partnerships and coalitions with important community sectors, such as transportation, municipal planning, healthcare.
- Discuss potential program solutions for increasing rural food access with peer recipients and subject matter experts.
- Know about assessment tools in use to map food access and store-level stocking.
- Address challenges, questions, and solutions for the food system strategies in the NOFO Implementation Guide, focusing on the rural setting.
- Karen Shore MPH Director, Healthy Food Retail Focus, The Food Trust
Karen Shore, MPH, Director, Healthy Food Retail Focus, The Food Trust