The General Training Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Tuesday, May 07, 201911:00 AM - 12:00 PM
This session will highlight the efforts of two nonprofit organizations, Black Girls RUN! and Reaching Our Sisters Everywhere (ROSE), and how their levels of community engagement have produced success in moving the needle in physical activity (Black Girls RUN!) and breastfeeding (ROSE). Attendees will have the opportunity to learn about the organizations’ approaches in the area of health equity and how their work impacts communities.
- Define community engagement.
- Identify ways to engage priority populations in efforts to implement interventions.
- Describe how local resources can be leveraged to achieve desired outcomes and meet community needs.
- Jay Ell Alexander Owner and CEO, Black Girls RUN!
- Kimarie Bugg DNP, MPH, IBCLC President & CEO, Reaching Our Sisters Everywhere (ROSE)
LCDR Ashleigh Murriel, PhD, US Public Health Service, Epidemiologist, DNPAO, CDC