The General Training Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Wednesday, May 08, 201911:00 AM - 12:30 PM
This session will provide an overview of the state and local laws related to healthy eating and breastfeeding. Speakers will demonstrate how to critically analyze how state and local laws impact opportunities to breastfeed and access to healthy foods. In addition, attendees will have the opportunity to work in small groups to highlight a legislative issue pertinent to their state and/or community and how that might impact their work.
- Analyze how various state and local laws impact opportunities to breastfeed and access to healthy foods.
- Engage in discussions about state and local laws in areas that are pertinent to their programs and objectives.
- Identify how those state and local laws may impact their work at the state and local level.
- Sally Mancini MPH Director of Advocacy Resources, UConn Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity
- Julie Ralston Aoki JD Director, Healthy Eating & Active Living, Public Health Law Center
- Kristen Cooksey Stowers PhD Post-doctoral Fellow, UConn Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity
Kristy Mugavero, MSN, MPH, Public Health Analyst, DNPAO, CDC