The General Training Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Wednesday, May 08, 201911:00 AM - 12:30 PM
This 90-minute session will be led members of the Faithful Families program team. Faithful Families Thriving Communities (Faithful Families) works directly in communities of faith across the country to promote health for individuals, families, and local communities. The practice-tested program is open to all faith and religious traditions and engages faith communities in health education, environmental changes to support health, and community-wide health initiatives. Participants will learn about the Faithful Families program and approach to better understand if this program is appropriate for their setting and communities. Benefits and challenges to partnering with faith communities will be shared.
The session will include small group discussions regarding challenges and solutions with engaging faith communities and potential next steps to effectively partner with faith communities within their priority populations.
- Describe the Faithful Families program approach and timeline, strategies for supporting policy and environmental changes, and implementation of evaluation tools.
- Discuss shared challenges and best practices for engaging faith communities.
- Plan potential next steps to effectively partner with faith communities within their priority populations.
- Annie Hardison-Moody PhD Assistant Professor and Extension Specialist, North Carolina State University
- Julia Yao MPH Faithful Families and EMFV Extension Associate, North Carolina State University
LCDR Ashleigh Murriel, PhD, US Public Health Service, Epidemiologist, DNPAO, CDC