The General Training Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Wednesday, May 08, 201911:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Looking for inspiration to make racial equity a more intentional part of your food system work? This session will build understanding of racial equity within organizations, specifically Cooperative Extension Service, and strategies for how to include racial equity into community-based food system efforts. Speakers will address how to help communities engage in civil dialogues about racial issues and how to use racial equity metrics in the food system.
- Discuss a week-long training which builds capacity within Cooperative Extension Service (CES) to help communities engage in civil dialogues around racial issues.
- Identify specific strategies they can employ to approach racial inequities in their food system. This includes accessing literature and using racial equity metrics in the food system.
- Understand foundational concepts of racial inequities, such as implicit bias.
- Richard Pirog MS Director, Michigan State University, Center for Regional Food Systems
- Lindsey Lunsford MEM Sustainable Food Systems Resource Specialist, Tuskegee University
Kate Reddy, MS, McKing Consulting, DNPAO, CDC