The General Training Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Wednesday, May 08, 201911:00 AM - 12:30 PM
In this session, DNPAO subject matter expert partners working in ECE obesity prevention will present opportunities for technical assistance in Farm to ECE, new physical activity resources, and ECE state systems. Diane Craft, subject matter expert in ECE physical activity, and partners from Nemours Children’s Hospital and Association of State Public Health Nutritionists (ASPHN) will share specific projects they are working on which may help state and local awardees as they plan future activities in obesity prevention in ECE settings. Participants will have a chance to hear an overview of these projects and engage with panel members and others doing this work.
- Describe the technical assistance from DNPAO’s ECE partners providing technical assistance and resources for obesity prevention in ECE settings.
- Describe ways to improve or expand Farm to ECE and physical activity, as well as state systems addressing obesity prevention in ECE settings.
- Describe how other CDC recipients have advanced these topical areas.
- Brianna Holmes MA State Systems Specialist, Nemours Children's Health System
- Emia Oppenheim PhD, MPhil, RD, LD Consultant, Association of State Public Health Nutritionists
- Diane Craft PhD Professor, Physical Activity Department, SUNY Cortland
Carrie Dooyema, MPH, MSN, RN, Behavioral Scientist, DNPAO, CDC