The General Training Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Wednesday, May 08, 20191:30 PM - 2:30 PM
This session will explore state strategies to expand opportunities for health and well-being for all. Specifically, Dr. Smedley will discuss an innovative strategy for measuring conditions for health and well-being, the Health Opportunity and Equity Initiative (HOPE), which offers a set of aspirational benchmarks to measure state progress toward ensuring that all racial, ethnic, and income groups experience full opportunities for health and well-being. He will also discuss state strategies to improve conditions for health, particularly those related to the places where people live, work and play.
- Describe how the HOPE Initiative tracks 28 indicators on health and well-being.
- Consider how their organization can apply strategies that build equity, health, and well-being.
- Identify opportunities through policies that improve the lives of their residents and communities.
- Brian Smedley PhD Co-Founder & Executive Director, National Collaborative for Health Equity
- Ruth Petersen MD, MPH Director, Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity, CDC
Captain Graydon Yatabe, MPH, RD, USPHS, DNPAO, CDC