The Evaluation Institute Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Monday, May 03, 20213:15 PM - 4:15 PM
Faith-based organizations are prevalent in small and large communities and provide a trusted voice and environment to support healthy lifestyle practices. Featured recipients will share their best practices for effectively approaching faith-based groups to improve and sustain healthy nutrition options, followed by small group discussions of challenges and successes experienced by recipients.
- Christina Peoples, BSW REACH Principal Investigator, Public Health Advocates, Stockton, CA
- Immaculada Moronta, MIM Program Assistant/Coordinator, Bronx Health REACH The Institute for Family Health, New York, New York
- Describe best practices to implementing and sustaining SPAN, REACH, and HOP activities related to healthy nutrition standards in faith-based organizations
- Describe effective approaches and resources to improve and sustain healthy nutrition options in faith-based organizations
- Discuss challenges and successes experienced by recipients working in this setting
- Describe skills needed in partnership development, environmental assessment, and standards adaptation
Stephen Onufrak, PhD Epidemiologist, Obesity Prevention and Control Branch, DNPAO, CDC, Atlanta, GA