The Evaluation Institute Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Monday, May 03, 20214:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Social isolation during COVID-19 has intensified for all people in our country, but no group has seen such an increase in social isolation as our older population. This session will discuss the importance of social connectedness, while building resilience for the future beyond COVID-19. State level efforts to implement policy, systems and environmental approaches to connect people through opportunities that support and reinforce healthy nutrition and physical activity will be discussed.
- Jennie Hefelfinger, MS Director, Center for Community and Environmental Health National Association of Chronic Disease Directors, Decatur, GA
- Patrick Hendry, NCPS Vice President, Peer Advocacy, Supports & Services Mental Health America, Alexandria, VA
- Toby Beckelman, MS, MPH Prevention Programs Coordinator Hawaii State Department of Health, Honolulu, HI
- Tiffany S. Bransteitter, MSW Section Chief, Obesity Prevention and Wellness Section Division of Nutrition and Physical Activity Pennsylvania Department of Health, Harrisburg, PA
- Describe how to build relationships with community leaders & diverse partnerships
- Develop a plan for effective community engagement with social distancing
- Assess sustainability and effectiveness of community engagement, including post-COVID-19