The Evaluation Institute Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Monday, May 03, 20214:30 PM - 5:30 PM
This session will equip participants to implement successful evidence-based strategies at state and local levels. Smoke-free and tobacco-free policies are important tools to protect employees and students from inhaling secondhand smoke while on campus, reducing smoke exposure, improving air quality and providing a supportive environment for those trying to quit smoking.
- Laura King, BScN Director of Public Health, Principal Investigator, American Heart Association, Dallas, TX
- Monica Leal, MPA, CHES Public Health Program Manager, El Paso Program Manager 5 American Heart Association, Dallas, TX
- Maggie Mahoney, JD Sr. Public Health Analyst, Katmai Government Services Policy, Strategy, and Translation Team, Office on Smoking and Health, CDC, Atlanta, GA
- Describe how smoke-free and tobacco-free policies can protect employees and students on campuses
- Identify how to engage students to support tobacco-free campus policy changes
Karla Sneegas, MPH Program Services Branch Chief, Office on Smoking and Health, CDC, Atlanta, GA