The Evaluation Institute Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Tuesday, May 04, 20211:15 PM - 2:30 PM
Public health can facilitate planning and land use development strategies to support proximity to everyday destinations, including community engagement. The purpose of this session is to help public health collaborate with planners to inform land use and community design approaches that promote physical activity.
- Shane Phillips, MPA Housing Initiative Project Manager UCLA Lewis Center for Regional Policy Studies, Los Angeles, CA
- Danielle Arigoni, MCRP Director, AARP Livable Communities, Washington, DC
- Chad Adams, MPP Chief Executive Officer, Southwest Minnesota Housing Partnership, Slayton, MN
- Armand Turner Physical Activity Program Manager YMCA of Coastal Georgia and Healthy Savannah REACH Grant, Savannah, GA
- Identify opportunities and tools for public health to inform land use planning and development processes and land use decisions
- Describe strategies to create sufficient and diverse housing supply in proximity to everyday destinations
Sagar Shah, PhD, AICP Manager, Planning and Community Health American Planning Association, Chicago, IL