The Evaluation Institute Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Tuesday, May 04, 20213:30 PM - 4:30 PM
National culinary and food service experts will describe the adaptations they are developing to provide healthy options in the wake of COVID-19. Discussion will include food service business management, food procurement and sourcing practices, and innovations that will be needed to keep the industry profitable.
- Deanne Brandstetter, MBA, RDN, CDN, FAND Vice President of Nutrition and Wellness Compass Group, North America, New York, NY
- Sean Leer, CEO GS Foods Group, Inc., Good Source Solutions, Inc., Gold Star Foods, Inc., Ontario, CA
- Brad Barnes, CMC Director, CIA Consulting and Industry Programs The Culinary Institute of America, Greenwich, CT
- Identify available national food service partners and resources to support implementation of SPAN, REACH, and HOP nutrition standards strategy
- Describe the adaptations that national food service vendors and partners have developed to provide healthy nutrition options in response to COVID-19 conditions affecting food service operations
- Discuss how to apply food service adaptations to recipient project settings
Joel Kimmons, PhD Health Scientist, Healthy Food Environments Team Obesity Prevention and Control Branch, DNPAO, CDC, Atlanta, GA