The Evaluation Institute Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Wednesday, May 05, 20212:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Families need a lactation safety net that includes a coordinated and integrated care continuity that supports them in their breastfeeding journey from pregnancy until weaning. Using the Continuity of Care in Community Support blueprint project, this session will discuss practical recommendations to create systems of breastfeeding care continuity as a strategy to increase breastfeeding rates and improve overall community health with an emphasis on the historically oppressed populations. Attendees will be able participate in interactive breakout sessions, based on strategies that best match their current SPAN OR REACH work.
- Emily Bernard, MA, IBCLC Program Consultant, National Association of County & City Health Officials (NACCHO), Washington, DC
- Harumi Reis-Reilly, MS, CNS, LDN, CHES, IBCLC Lead Program Analyst, Maternal Child & Adolescent Health (MCAH)/ Breastfeeding Project, National Association of County & City Health Officials (NACCHO), Washington, DC
- Nikia Sankofa, MPH, MPA Executive Director, United States Breastfeeding Committee (USBC), Chicago, IL
- Describe continuity of care in breastfeeding support
- Describe key recommendations to establish a system of optimal support to breastfeeding families
- Describe successful implementation of continuity of care in breastfeeding support among SPAN and REACH recipients
This session was not recorded - register for the Continuity of Care in Breastfeeding Support: a blueprint for communities webinar by clicking the link below!
Diane Roberts Ayers, MPH, RD, CLE Public Health Advisor, Program Development and Evaluation Branch, DNPAO, CDC, Atlanta, GA