The Evaluation Institute Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Wednesday, May 05, 20214:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Inequities in transportation and land use influence access to physical activity, healthy foods, and other determinants of health. This session will review the health effects of inequities in activity 19 friendly routes to everyday destinations, and ways for recipients to promote equity in routes to destinations.
- Charles Brown, MPA, CPD, LCI Founder and CEO, Equitable Cities LLC, Somerset, NJ
- Amelie Ramirez, Chair, Department of Population Health Sciences and Director Salud America, UT Health San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
- Maria Sipin, MURP, LCI Transportation Planner and Policy Strategist People for Mobility Justice, Oregon Department of Transportation, Portland, OR
- Lisa Myers, MS Health and Wellness Manager Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians, Sault Ste. Marie, MI
- Describe the health effects of inequities in transportation and land use
- Identify strategies to promote equity in activity friendly routes to everyday destinations for Black, Indigenous and People of Color