The Evaluation Institute Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Wednesday, May 05, 20214:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Learn how to improve the nutritional profile of foods distributed through food banks and food pantries during COVID-19. Explore recipients' efforts and successes for working on food systems strategies with emergency food partners.
- Allison Schnitzer, RD, LD Health Educator, Office of Chronic Disease Prevention & Health Promotion Southern Nevada Health District, Las Vegas, NV
- Masey Smith, MPA Program Manager, Food Science, Nutrition, and Health Promotion Mississippi State University Extension Service, Starkville, MS
- Marven Cantave, MS, RD, LD Extension Agent, Mississippi State University Extension Service, Belzoni, MS
- Identify effective strategies for advancing goals to improve the nutritional profile of foods distributed through the emergency food system during COVID-19
- Identify and apply strategies for working with community partners and food bank/pantry staff and volunteers
Diane Harris, PhD, MPH, CHES Senior Health Scientist and Team Lead, Healthy Food Environments Team DNPAO, CDC, Atlanta, GA