The Evaluation Institute Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Thursday, May 06, 20211:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Access to parks can help increase physical activity, support mental health, and foster community pride, and social interactions. However, many people lack safe, easy access to parks and greenspaces. This session will address ways for recipients to improve equitable park and greenspace access to build, preserve, or enhance community assets.
- Sadiya Muqueeth, DrPH, MPH Director of Community Health, Trust for Public Land, Washington, DC
- Myron F. Floyd, PhD Dean, College of Natural Resources, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
- George Dusenbury, JD 21 Georgia State Director, Trust for Public Land, Atlanta, GA
- Teresa Bendito-Zepeda Co-founder, Parque Padrinos, Wenatchee, WA
- Describe benefits of parks and greenspaces, and disparities in access
- Identify strategies to address equitable access to parks and green space as places to promote physical activity and build, preserve, or enhance community assets