The General Training Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Monday, May 06, 20193:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Active People, Healthy Nation is CDC’s new initiative to get 27 million Americans more active by 2027. Attendees will learn about the initiative and how it can enhance the activity-friendly routes to everyday destinations strategy. After the session, attendees will understand ways to collaborate with departments of transportation at the state and local level, hear from current recipients about their activities to support Active People, and identify opportunities to join the movement.
- Describe how the Active People, Healthy Nation initiative can support their physical activity and active routes to everyday destinations efforts.
- Identify ways to collaborate with departments of transportation at state and local levels.
- Ken Rose MPA Senior Advisor, DNPAO, CDC
- Roger Millar Secretary, Washington State Department of Transportation
- Brett Spencer, Manager, Community Health and Wellness Branch, Texas Department of State Health Services
- Jeffrey J. LaMondia, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Auburn University
- Ann Stahlheber, MS, RD, LD, Program Manager, Cuyahoga County Board of Health
- Erin Reynolds, Community Outreach Specialist, Public Health Advocates
Karen Voetsch, MPH, Deputy Associate Director, Office of Policy, Partnerships, and Communications, DNPAO, CDC