The General Training Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Tuesday, May 07, 20193:30 PM - 5:00 PM
The REACH 20th Anniversary, Celebrating the Past and Energizing for the Future, will feature the former CDC Director and Surgeon General, Dr. David Satcher. During this session, Dr. David Satcher will discuss the history and past successes of the REACH program and the importance of addressing health disparities at the state and local level. Dr. Satcher’s remarks will be followed by a panel discussion moderated by Dr. Leandris Liburd, Associate Director of CDC’s Office of Minority Health and Health Equity. During the panel, current and former REACH recipients will reflect on their experiences, successes, and advice for the future. Finally, Charmaine Ruddock, MS, the Project Director of Bronx Health REACH at the Institute of Family Health, will take part in the Lark Galloway-Gilliam Commemorative Award Presentation, and present an award in memory of Lark Galloway-Gillam, the past Executive Director of the Community Health Councils of Los Angeles and a founding member of the National REACH Coalition.
- David Satcher MD, PhD Founding Director and Senior Advisor, Satcher Health Leadership Institute, Morehouse School of Medicine
- Ruth Petersen MD, MPH Director, Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity, CDC
- Emilie Ellis, MA, Program Director, Partners in Health
- Mary Anne Foo, MPH, Executive Director, Orange County Asian Pacific Islander Community Alliance
- Carmen Nevarez, MD, MPH, External Relations, Public Health Institute
- Ghandi Daniels, Wellness Program Coordinator, The Wellness Coalition
CHARMAINE RUDDOCK, MS, PROJECT DIRECTOR, BRONX HEALTH REACH will present the Lark Galloway-Gilliam Commemorative Award
Leandris Liburd, PHD, MPH, MA, Associate Director, Office of Minority Health and Health Equity, CDC