The General Training Schedule Organize and mark your calendars!
Monday, May 06, 20199:00 AM - 10:30 AM
This keynote is designed to connect the dots on some commonly overlooked elements of advancing equity. Using the mantra, “Deconstructing Equity,” Dr. Tyler will explore how a history of misinterpreting the words diversity, inclusivity, equality and equity has had an impact on how we have advanced the work.
- Understand the history and interplay between diversity, inclusion, and equity in our quest to advance health equity.
- Learn to leverage the power of stories to influence system changes.
- Identify the Five Bases of Social Power and their impact on public health.
- Ruth Petersen MD, MPH Director, Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity, CDC
- Dana Shelton MPH Acting Director, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, CDC
- Nita Mosby Tyler PhD, MA Founder and Chief Catalyst, The Equity Project, LLC
Terry O’Toole, PhD, MDiv, FASHA, Chief, Program Development and Evaluation Branch, DNPAO, CDC